SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

We have updated the original post (shown in Quotes) as some of the information is now out of date.

If you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8, you will need to upgrade to the latest version of SimplyPats for continued support with the latest Operating Systems.

SimplyPats Version 6 is supported on Windows 7
SimplyPats Version 7 is supported on Windows 7 and Windows 8 (please see our Simplypats Version 7 area for more information viewforum.php?f=58

Upgrades can be purchased here http://www.simplypats.co.uk/shop_upgrade_step1.html

Quote:
The release of Windows 7 has forced us to update a considerable amount of code within the SimplyPats software in order to gain compatibility with the new operating system. The problems faced regarding compatibility with Windows 7 have been discussed in other posts on this forum, and were largely but not entirely related to the Email Functions of SimplyPats.

We have also added more features than originally planned for the next update of Version 5.3.0. The inclusion of these features together with changes in the Data Structure plus the changes needed to add support for Windows 7 have been complex, costly and time consuming.

Developing and Supporting multiple copies of any software has huge overheads, for this reason development on SimplyPats Version 5 will stop, making V5.2.9 the final and most up-to-date Version.

SimplyPats Version 6 will contain all the features, additions and changes originally planned to be included in the Version 5.3.0 Update, and will also be the only Version of SimplyPats with official support for Windows 7.

We realise that many users may have purchased SimplyPats Version 5 thinking that the development process and support would continue for the foreseeable future and that the features planned for V5.3.0 would be made available to them as a free update.

With this in mind, we will be offering all SimplyPats Version 5 users the chance to upgrade to SimplyPats Version 6 for a very small fee. The exact cost has not yet been agreed, however expect it to be somewhere in £20 - £30 mark.

Users of the MPATSuite software (essentially SimplyPats Version5) will be treated as SimplyPats Version 5 users where the upgrade is concerned.

Users of the SimplyPats Version 5 Manual Software will also qualify for the reduced upgrade price.

Users of older versions of SimplyPats (V1, V2, V3 and V4) should expect to pay around £200 for the upgrade, however the exact price has not been agreed.

SimplyPats Support

We will still continue to offer support to existing SimplyPats Version 5 users as far as technical issues are concerned. As with support for SimplyPats Version 6, we will continue to offer this service free of charge for as long as possible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:07 pm 

Will the new version of SimplyPats operate on Windows2000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Chris

Sorry i should have made it clear, We are anticipating that SimplyPats Version 6 will also be compatible with Windows 2000 and NT (SP4).

XP, Vista and Windows 7 are definitely supported.

We will be dropping support for Windows 98 and the reason I say we anticipate is that we have not yet tested Version 6 on Windows 2000 or NT, but we can see no obvious reasons why it shouldn’t work.

Carl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Chris

Just thought I'd add my penny worth to this. Whilst in the Offices here Im using Windows XP, I am doing the development for SimplyPats 6 at home on a windows 2000 PC so it will definitely work with Winodws 2000.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:25 pm 

Any update as to when Version 6 will be released. I am running windows 7 and having to enter all data by hand which is extremely time consuming and frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hello jim, thanks for your post. We still have a bit of ancillary work to do before Version 6 is released. (packaging and the on line web registration) however we have a final beta version which is available and currently have 10 users using it.

I will ask Carl to send you an email link so that you can download the upgrade.

If there are any other users who have upgraded their PC to Windows 7 or bought a new PC with Winodws 7 on then please please contact us for an electronic download to keep you going.

regards, Richard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:52 pm 

Thanks for that Richard, Carl contacted me and I've now downloaded the Beta version and it is working fine. Thanks a lot for the prompt reply and your assistance.
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Great Jim, glad all is up and running. You may want to contact Carl or myself after we release Version 6 as the full retail version and get an update - just in case we have tweaked anything in the meantime.

We are waiting on the retail packaging and waiting on me (I'll have to hassle myself!) to do some web pages for the automatic online registration and activation of the software.

As always, please contact us if you have any issues.

Regards, Richard.