SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm 

Hi, excellent service and software. Can i perhaps suggest for the next update the programmers introduce a PO Number box in the invoice form. Many of my clients provide me with a PO number to put on my invoice so I can get paid but there is no obvious place to insert this on the invoice. It is possible to put this in the extra notes section but a designated box would look more pro. Also can you consider a tick box that transfers the client detials into the client invoice detials. It would save having to type most of the information twice.

Thanks again.
SJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi SJ, Thanks for your post and also your kind comments about SimplyPats and the support.

As you maybe aware, we are just about to release a new free upgrade 5-3-0 which has alot of new features in it.

Regarding your suggestions:

Quote:
PO Number box in the invoice form

Yes having a purchase order makes total sense, I will have a look at that so that it can be included in the realease of 5-3-0. The only issue I can see is that without making some larger changes to the data structure of the SimplyPats files, the Purchase Order Number won't be saved - however usually every time you invoice you are given a new Purchase Order number?

Quote:
a tick box that transfers the client detials into the client invoice detials

Yes this shouldnt be a problem - ill have a look and let you know if it will be in 5-3-0

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi SJ,

Ok Ive had a quick look at both of those.

First of all I have added a new button to the Invoicee Details screen called "Copy". Pressing this button will copy all the details from the Customer Details screen into the Invoicee Details screen. This should save alot of time if your Invoicee Address is very similar to your Customer Address.

Regarding the Purchase Order.

Both the Customer Details screen and Invoicee Details screen contain a field for Purchase Order. However this purchase order number wasn't being shown on the Invoice.

I have now added this Purchase Order to the invoice.

Both these changes will be in the next upgrade.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:33 pm 

Thanks for your prompt service and excellent coms, I look forward to the next upgrade?

Cheers
SJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi SJ

Im just getting Ron and Carl to test the copying of customer details to the invoicee and also the printing of the Purchase Order Number on the invoice.. Hopefully the rest of the testing will be completed in the next week to ten days and all being well we can release the 5-3-0 upgrade.

Regards, Richard