SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:31 pm 

We are looking at using an external company to Test and Tag our appliances. They use SimplyPats full version. We would like to be able to retest/test some of the appliances ourselves with manual PAT testers and enter data manually into SimplyPats manual version.

I have downloaded the demo version but it is difficult to work out the following due to it's limited functionality:

1. Can the Manual Entry version open a file from the full version?

2. When we manually do a retest for a manually entered appliance do we have to fill out the manual entry form again or can we just edit the test date and results?

3. When we manually do a retest for an uploaded appliance do we have to fill out the manual entry form or can we just edit the test date and results?

4. Can you change an uploaded appliance to a manual entry appliance?

5. Is there any way to pre-fill the manual entry form with details from an appliance already in the register?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi GM Uni, thanks for your post and my apologies for not replaying sooner.

We have a very big upgrade going out with some major modifications and I have been struggling to keep up to date on the forum.

Regarding your questions:

Quote:
1. Can the Manual Entry version open a file from the full version?

Yes you can do this. You will not be able to edit the test results of any tests that have been downloaded though.

Quote:
2. When we manually do a retest for a manually entered appliance do we have to fill out the manual entry form again or can we just edit the test date and results?

If you are updating the test results on a retest of a manually entered appliance, there is no need to type everything in again. Im sorry ive hidden it well but a Right Mouse Button click on the Test Results area (top right hand pane of the main screen) will bring up a menu with an option to "Edit Manual Test Results" - simply amened any readings and change the Test date.

Quote:
3. When we manually do a retest for an uploaded appliance do we have to fill out the manual entry form or can we just edit the test date and results?

Im not sure if I understand this fully. However, SimplyPats prevents you from manually editing the test data of appliances that have been downloaded from a PAT tester machine. This is by design as in the early days of the program we had criticism from customers saying that this could be used to faulsify the results too easily. Tests that have been entered via the Manual Entry screen can however be edited at any time.

There are various methods of updating the test results; you could use the Import and Update feature (Providing you have an up-to-date data file) or you could just email the data to the Company that carry out your Test and Tagging, they can then update the Master File with the new test data.

If you are doing interim Manual Testing on existing appliances, we would recommend that you Manually Enter the test data into a new file. For existing appliances, you should only need to enter the Appliance ID and the Test Results (and Limits if needed), the Master File already knows what the Description, Location, Retest etc are.

if you are testing a new Appliance, then you would need to enter all the information so the Appliance details can be added to the Master File in its entirety.

For more information about the Import and Update Feature, please see the following Post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=164

Quote:
4. Can you change an uploaded appliance to a manual entry appliance?

No, but i think the reasons for doing this have already been answered in the respose to question 3 I.E. Create a new file and use the Import and Update feature to update the results.

Quote:
5. Is there any way to pre-fill the manual entry form with details from an appliance already in the register?

I think this maybe covered by above.

Please make sure you are running the latest version of SimplyPats (Currently 5-2-9) If you want to know which version of SimplyPats you are running, click on the Help menu and then Select the About SimplyPats option. You can upgrade on line. There was alot of work done on the Manula Entry Version between 5-2-7 and 5-2-9.

Please continue to post if things are still unclear. Again sorry for the delay in replying, hopefully with the release of 5-3-0 I will get more chance to keep on top of the forum posts.

Regards, Richard