SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom text on reports
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:59 am 

Hi, we have a requirement to add a document number to reports for ISO9002 purposes. We are currently doing this by exporting to Excel and using the header option there.

Would it be possible to add a custom text option for the report headers/footers similar to the Extra Invoice or Certificate Text?

If so, being able to customise this for each report would be ideal but probably a lot more work to achieve I'm guessing?

Thanks, Con.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Hi Con

This is certainly something we can look at for you and something that may also be of benefit to other SimplyPats users.

Your right, it is quite a bit of work, however we do welcome suggestions from users and try to accommodate any features requested if viable.

I will have a word with Richard to see what we can do, and update this thread when I have more information.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Con

Thanks for post. This seems like a very sensible option and maybe useful for other users even if it is not for displaying the ISO 9002 Numbers.

I haven't had a look at the coding implications of this, however I don't think it will take me too long to do. (Famous last words!)

Perhaps you could send us an example (e.g. one of your spreadsheets) of where you would like the text, Im guessing just underneath the addresses and logo? We will get on and try and implement this for you as soon as possible.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Con

We have now added User Definable Header text to most of the Standard SimplyPats Reports. This is available in SimplyPats Version 5.3.0 onwards.

Please see the following forum post for more information; viewtopic.php?f=10&t=211

If you would like a BETA Version to try, let me know.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 am 

Hi Carl & Richard,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been out of the office. Many thanks for the prompt response and mods.

Carl, if you could send me a BETA version to try that would be great.

Also, I've tried to attach a PDF and Excel file here as requested but I get the message that the extensions are not allowed. Please let me know the best address to send to.

Thanks, Con.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Con

We have just completed some testing on the new feature which I have added to add the custom text at the top of each of the following reports:

Passes
    Fails
    Passes and Fails
    Appliance Register
    Appliance Register By Group
    Current Appliance
    One Appliance per Page
    Retests grouped By Date
    Simpyfied Passes and Fails.

This text can be set in the Print setup screen. Hopefully it will allow you to show your IS9002 Number and for other users they may which to show the PAT tester serial numbers of the test machines that carried out the tests?

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any errors with the beta version. The 5-3-0 upgrade s due for general release at the end of this month.

Regards, Richard