SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Licence SimplyPats
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

How do I Licence my SimplyPats Software?

This is a question that we get asked quite a lot, so I have written this post in the hope that it may help some users Licence their SimplyPats Software.

Some users confuse the SimplyPats Serial Number with the Licence Key, the Licence Key is only generated after submitting your details using the SimplyPats Licence web page (See below).

We ship SimplyPats with a unique Serial Number, in the case of SimplyPats Version 5 the Serial Number is formatted like the example below and can normally be found on the inside of the CD Box.

123-1234-1234-B

You need to enter this Serial Number, along with your details into the SimplyPats Licence web page (See Below).

IMPORTANT - Please pay careful attention to what you enter as your Company (Licence) Name, as this can not easily be changed once Licenced and will be Hard Coded into your software during the Licence process.

The Company (Licence) Name you enter will also be printed out on all Reports, so make sure that it is formatted exactly as you would like it to appear and that the spelling is correct.

Also, please enter a valid email address, as we will send your Licence Details to the address you enter.

Enter your Licence Details Online

Enter your Licence Details online > http://www.simplypats.co.uk/sp_register.aspx and press Submit Details to finish the process.

A short while later, you should receive an email containing your Licence Key, this is formatted in four lots of three characters, like the example below;

ABC-DEF-GHI-JKL

Your Company (Licence) Name is also shown as a reminder of what you entered

Start SimplyPats

To Licence your software, you only need to enter your Company (Licence) Name and Licence Key into the Licence Screen, so make sure you have the email we sent to hand.

The Licence Screen within SimplyPats can be found by Clicking “Help” on the File Menu and Choosing “Licence SimplyPats” as shown in the image below.

You should now see the Licence Screen

If this is the first time that you have Licenced your software, the fields will be blank, so you need to enter your Company (Licence) Name and Licence Key exactly as they appear in the email that we sent.

The Support Number field can be left blank, this is not used at this present time.

Click Ok to finalise the Licence Process.

How do I Licence my SimplyPats Software if I don’t have access to the internet?

Users are recommended to Licence their software online, it is much quicker and there are less chance of errors occurring (Spelling etc), however users without Internet Access can of course call Support on 0845 4300 789 (UK Local Rate), where Licencing can be done over the phone.

If you prefer, you can also send an email to support@simplypats.co.uk containing all the information requested on the licencing page, we will return your details as soon as possible.