SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tag Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:32 am 

We use unique numbers on our tags and record them at time of testing with a Treo safeTcheck. However I cannot view them in simplypats or report on them. I would like to be able to include this tag ID in the reports.ie pass report, appliance register etc.
There is no oppertunity to enter a tag id in manual imput either which I would like.

Post subject: Re: Tag Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Hi Pelican4

As you know I have sent you an email asking if you would be kind enough to send me the data files generated by the PAT Tester.

I have now received the files and have processed the RAW Data that you provided in STC format using the V2.6.2 STC Downloader utility, this has then created a compatible SimplyPats.csv import file which I have successfully opened up in SimplyPats.

I have then emailed the native SimplyPats.pat file back to you for checking, let me know if it is ok and if the Tag Id (which we refer to as Appliance Id) are present and correct.

If everything is correct, we just need to check that we are processing the data correctly and that you are following the correct method when processing the data from the PAT using the STC Downloader utility.

** Sorry for the confusion, but i moved this post as i thought it would be better in the Trio section.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Michael

Carl has passed me your CSV file produced by your Treo safeTcheck and the STC Downloader utility. I have amended the SimplyPats code that reads the CSV files so that it reads the Tag No and stores the Tag No in the Appliance Serial No field in SimplyPats.

We do not have a specific field to store Tag Nos in addition to Appliance Id's as this isnt commonly used in the UK. However storing it in the App Serial Number field should be fine.

Carl will then create a new customer report for SimplyPats (based on the example you sent him) and you should then be able to print your data out with both Appliance Id and Tag No.

Once Carl has completed the report and If everything looks ok to you, we will send you and updated beta version of SimplyPats (6.0.4) contain the fix to store the Tag No and the new custom report.

Regards, Richard.