SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: STC Pro Logger II
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:24 am 
Site Admin

We are working on providing support in SimplyPats for the Trio Smartcal SafeTcheck Pro Logger II (Portable Appliance Tester).

This will be the ability to import CSV files produced from the STC Downloader Software.

We are currently making good progress and hope to include this feature in the next update. Please contact us if you currently use this tester and are interested in beta testing the new feature.

Thanks, Richard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

We are currently making progress on the support for the STC pro logger II file with some great assistance from

Trio Smartcal http://www.triosmartcal.com.au/index.php

and

Test and Tag Supplies http://www.testandtagsupplies.com.au/

However we are still beta testing the import facility for files created with the STC Downloader Software v2.6.2 using the SimplyPats export facility on Trio Smartcal's software.

We are particularly looking for files containing test data for 10 mA Portable and 10 mA Fixed RCD tests and 30 mA Fixed RCD

Anyone out there using the STC pro logger II with the STC Downloader Software v2.6.2 that can help us with some data files?

We are keen to progress support for the STC pro logger II within SimplyPats Version 5 Test and Tag Software.

Any help greatly appreciated, Richard.

Post subject: Re: STC Pro Logger II
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 am 

Richard
I have some data from STC Downloader 2.6.2. that you can have if it will help to speed up the delivery of SimplyPats software
How would you like me to upload my .CSV data files.

Regards
Peter Knowles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Peter

Many thanks for your reply - that would be great if you wouldn't mind sending the data to me. Could you save the data from the STC Downloader 2.6.2. using the SimplyPats option in that Software.

Im hoping that Im on the home straight with the STC Pro Logger and whilst it will fully released in SimplyPats Version 5-2-9 which will be a free upgrade due in April/May, I can make a beta version available direct to you much sooner, I am hoping to have something within the next week.

Can you email the data to support@simplypats.co.uk

Many thanks again for your help,

Regards, Richard.

Post subject: STC Pro Logger II
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Peter

Just to give you an update regarding importing data from the STC Downloader 2.6.2. (using the SimplyPats option in that Software) into SimplyPats.

James at Test and Tag has spent some time again going through the test results for all the tests that the Pro Logger II can conduct and has raised 6 errors. I have this morning fixed those and the support staff here double checked my fixes.

I will ask Carl to email you an update to the SimplyPats program (this needs to be copied into the c:\Program Files\SimplyPats 5\ folder and overwrite the original sps.exe

When you go to the File menu and Open option, select to Open Files of Type pro Logger II STC Downloader CSV file (this is the last import option available in the file types and you may have to scroll down to see it!).

A message should appear telling you which revision of the import this is (this is so we can all make sure we are working on the same revision of the import in SimplyPats)

Hopefully now we are not too far away from completion.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Peter

Spoke to Carl today regarding the couple of things you had spotted recently while using SimplyPats with the STC Pro Logger II.

First of all there was a bug that caused an error if you went to Summary of File, prior to the file being saved. The feature works fine once the file was saved but not prior to that. Apologies for this, I have now fixed this bug.

Second I have modified the Invoice so that if you are an Australian or New Zealand user and have set a GST rate, the Invoice will now have the title, "Tax Invoice". Im hope this meets the requirements in Australia? Please let me know if there is anything else that needs to appear on the Invoice to make it correct.

I have asked Carl to email you a new update which should include both of these.

Please be aware that the "Import and Update" feature from the Tools menu, which is new for our latest release 5-2-9 due at the end of April / early May still contains some bugs so is not recommended for use on any important data!

Regards, Richard.