SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

We seem to have seen alot of forum users recently hunting for information on the Metrotest MPAT60 and Metrotest MPAT40 pat testers who are unable to find information on them.

Support for downloading the Metrotest MPAT60 has been added to SimplyPats Version 6.

We have uploaded the MPAT60 / MPAT40 Manual in PDF format which you can download. (You have to have a SimplyPats forum account to download this.)

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=318

Below I have outlined the wiring for the serial cable for the Metrotest MPAT40 and MPAT60.

NOTE! We also have had made some Metrotest download cables for the MPAT40 and MPAT60 which you can purchase from the SimplyPats shop.

http://www.simplypats.co.uk/shop_cables.html

This part is also available ready wired from http://www.martindale-electric.co.uk (Martindale Part Number TL125)

Signal MPAT60 PC
DCD
RXD Pin 2 -----------> Pins 4 and 6 and 8
TXD Pin 3 -----------> Pin 2
DTR
GND Pin 5 -----------> Pin 5
DSR
RTS
CTS
+5V

Richard

Last edited by richard on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Edited by Richard to include link to Download Cables 11th April 2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:35 pm 

Hello, I have the Metrotest MPAT60 and i am trying to find out what i need to use the rs232 serial port on the tester to interface with my windows pc printer , i note the test lead Martindale TL125 is required. Could you please advise me as to what software version i require for my Metrotest MPAT60 and is there a bar code scanner that will work with the tester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Alanhar

According to the Metrotest MPAT 40 / MPAT 60 Manual, Page 17 mentions the use of the Serial Interface for output to Printer / Computer.

If using a Printer to print direct from the PAT Tester you will need to get hold of a compatible printer with serial connectivity, and as you have already mentioned the Martindale TL125 cable will need to be used. The print out from the PAT Tester itself will be in “Till Roll” format and very basic, which is where the software comes in.

The Metrotest MPAT 40 / MPAT 60 only allow the user to input limited information relating the Portable Appliance and Site or Location at time of test, however once the test data has been download into the PAT Software, information such as Retest Period, Site and Location can easily be added to all appliances, selected appliances or individual appliances. It requires a little more work than using one of the more advanced modern PAT Testers, but the results are the same, especially when the PAT Testing Data is presented on one of the many printed reports available from SimplyPats.

If using software, the Martindale TL125 will still need to be used to connect to the PC, and if using a modern PC without a Serial Port, a USB to Serial Converted will also need to be used.

As for using a Bar Code Scanner or Wand with the MPAT 60, on page 18 of the manual it states that a Bar Code Wand (Part Code MBS 60) can be used, I have no idea where you would get hold of one, maybe Martindale or Ebay?

I expect that a standard Bar Code Scanner can also be used, however this would need to be wired correctly and configured to work with the MPAT 60, we can certainly look at this for you, but it wouldn’t be cheap.

If you are interested in SimplyPats Version 6 for downloading from your MPAT 60, then please contact us for more information and the latest pricing.

Regards Carl