SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:46 pm 

Hi

We have a 3 year old Megger Pat320 which is not used that much, in all I would say it has done maybe 1200-1500 tests in the time we have had it.

While using it this week I have been getting an odd error message:

'Error : disconnect bond lead from Zero Ω'

It seems the machine thinks the bond is connected to the null point. I get this sometimes when turning the machine on and also whilst on - even if the earth bond is not even connected to the machine. It only occurs when I try a class 1 or earth bond test and when something is plugged into the 13a or IEC socket. I have been able to carry on doing extension and RCD tests.

Has anyone any experience of this error?

Any advice greatly appreciated,

R E

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi R E

We have quite a lot of users using the Megger PAT320 with our Manual Entry Software, however haven't come across this particular error. I will do a bit of research and see if can shed any light on it.

Certainly I haven't seen this with our Megger PAT420 and haven't had it mentioned by any of our users using the Megger 400 series.

Have you contacted Megger support? They have been very good whenever I have used them.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 am 

richard wrote:
Hi R E

We have quite a lot of users using the Megger PAT320 with our Manual Entry Software, however haven't come across this particular error. I will do a bit of research and see if can shed any light on it.

Certainly I haven't seen this with our Megger PAT420 and haven't had it mentioned by any of our users using the Megger 400 series.

Have you contacted Megger support? They have been very good whenever I have used them.

Regards, Richard.

I have contacted Megger but al they were able to offer was that 'it seems to have developed a fault' and they quoted a flat fee for repair whcih, including courier and VAT, is well over half the value of the machine :( Hence why I asked if anyone nearer to London may be able to help..

thanks for your reply, if you find out anything please let me know,

R E