SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 am 

Hi Simply PAT’s Team,

I have now had my Megger 420 for over a year now, and encounter an issue with not really your software but the way the Megger 420 uploads retests.

When I first started using the PAT, I set-up group test codes that I thought where relevant at the time, performed testing as usual. However over the last 12 months or so I have either modified, removed tests groups my PAT.
Now this is where it starts to get messy, I have now say downloaded the data and saved the file for the next re-test which incorporates both the site data and the PAT information such as user, test groups etc. Now if I up-load this data it will now have this information when retesting and therefore not necessarily the most up to date group test codes, because during the up-load procedure the PAT is wiped clean and overwritten.

Now here’s the question is there any way during the up-load procedure that only the site date is up loaded and not the most current group codes / PAT information (user name etc.)is not over written during the up load procedure. Or even have a master Group Test Code saved on the PC / SP file that SP looks at?

If this could be fixed it would save all the effort of entering all the data again per site as the Group Test Code in my mind have to take priority of the site information.

Steve.

All in accordance with The IEE CofP
www.handselectrical.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

I may have the wrong end of the stick so please let me know :) .

Overview of SimplyPats Upload to Megger 410, 420 & 450:
The Megger 400 series allows you to export the data to .CSV and backup the data to a database. It is important to take copies of both these files. The database can then be used to restore the PAT with the information contained in the database. SimplyPats downloads from the .CSV file and Uploads to the database. The Upload procedure in SimplyPats overwrites the Client, Location and Asset information in the database and clears the Test Result information.

SimplyPats stores the Group Code ID but none of the technical information that is required by the PAT to set up the Group Code so we cannot amend the Group Codes during the Upload process as there is not enough information available to do so.

The Upload process does not alter the Group Codes in the database that you are using so if you use different codes for different sites you need to Upload using a database that has the relevant Group Codes in it.

Your idea to have a Master set of Group Codes is a super idea. To do this follow the steps below:

1) Set up the required codes on your Megger 420
    2) Backup to USB stick
    3) Save the database on your PC
    4) Use this database when you want to Upload from SimplyPats

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:25 pm 

Hi guys
Not posted anything for a while been a little busy :)

Would it be possible to change the way the backup is done on the upload i have a template file i use for upload and would prefer if i was able to select my template file 0A.DB the be able to save file as JOB01.DB i forever seem to be deleting backup file 0A BACKUP.DB.

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

I will ask Lorna to have a look at this for you as she coded the upload for the Megger 400 series. Hopefully we can sort this out for you.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

A backup of the chosen database is automatically created every time you use the upload utility.

The backup is given the name of BACKUP + The database name. I can add the facility to allow you to name this backup when it is created.

Please let me know if you would like me to do this.

Regards,
Lorna