SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PAT420
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 pm 

STE

bought a PAT420 last year end but hit an issue that doesnt seem logical????
When a client owns numerous properties (40) at different addressess i highlighted the client in set up, and entered property 1 as a location and tested the items 1-10. but when going to another property (same client & invoice address) and entered property 2 as the PAT420 wont allow starting at 1 again. It seems a different location is not independant numerically. Do you have to enter a different client or (client Code) in set up prior for each property to enable resetting items No.s to 1 again.

All seems a bit daft to me as the client list will increase dramatically and without sense, and the location in set up not as relevant as 1st thought

How do you achieve independant results in this type of scenerio???

confused.com

Post subject: Re: PAT420
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Stephen

It is usual to use a different Appliance ID (item number) for each appliance that you test regardless of its location or site. This means that if for any reason you are asked to identify an asset by its ID you will be able to do so. This is especially important for Landlords, Hotels and Factories etc. where the appliances may be moved between locations.

If you prefer to use the same Appliance IDs at each property you can prefix the ID with an identifier for each property therefore making each item number unique.

The way you store your information depend on how your client has asked for it to be reported.

I am not sure if you are using SimplyPats or PowerSuite to download or print your data however if you are using SimplyPats:

To avoid setting multiple Clients for the same Landlord you can use SimplyPats to store all of the test results for all of the properties in a single file and have the Landlord’s information as the Customer Address with each property address as the full Site Address. Please see the thread discussing the use of site addresses and the report that utilises them:
http://www.simplypats.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=585

If you wanted to provide separate reports for each property you can split the data by site using SimplyPats, again allowing you to use the same Client for multiple properties.

I hope this helps, however please post again if I can help clarify any further.

Regards,
Lorna