SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Megger PAT420 Firmware Release 2.10

We have had a customer who was having problems when trying to import a data file from a PAT420 into their copy of SimplyPats.

On closer inspection of the data from the Megger PAT420 it is apparent that Megger have updated the Firmware on the Megger 420.

New Firmware: 2.10 our old Firmware: 2.00
New Operating System: 15.0.10.0.20 our old Operating System: 15.0.10.0.10

The new data contains the specific visual fail reason, user notes and repairing code, which the original data did not contain.

SimpyPats 6.0.5 will now identify which firmware was used to create the data and import appropriately. Please contact us if you have purchased a new Megger PAT420 and are having issues importing the data and we will send you a beta copy of SimplyPats 6.0.5.

Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Just as an update to this thread.

We have had a customer bring their brand new PAT420 into the office and we have checked the Firmware Version on his pat.

The new firmware is: 2.20 and is dated August 2011

Having downloaded from the PAT their appear to be no changes to the data that is sent out in CSV format. As such SimplyPats 6.0.5. has no issues with downloading data from this release.

The electrician who had purchased the PAT420 said that megger have added some nice new features in the firmware compared to our older version (which he had already trialled) Specifically he mentioned that there is a new button available when doing a test which basically copies the asset information from the previous test into the screen but automatically increments the appliance id. He thought this was great!

Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 pm 

I see from their website that a newer version is available;

"Latest PAT400 firmware version 2.23
Compatible PowerSuite software version 2.1.238
PAT400 firmware version 2.23 is compatible with PowerSuite 2.1.238 and later revisions.
Warning: Earlier versions of PowerSuite do not support data download and upload with the latest version of PAT400 firmware."

(Dated 23rd November 2011)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Hi PATconstructive,

Many thanks for posting this, we will download the latest version of the Megger 400 series firmware and check that there are no new issues downloading data to SimplyPats.

Im sure alot of Megger users will want to update to the latest firmware espeicially if there are some new features added.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:10 pm 

Hi You both Richard and PATconstructive

Funny thing that I had this conversation with Megger only just last week. There reply was that the latest firmware is 2.23 as per there web site down load section. Thinking that I had the latest version as my test was purchased in November of 2011 but showing version 2.22 (Build date 17th Aug), so I got on to their technical section just after Christmas who confirmed that the latest was in fact 2.23.

I did ask if there were any differences between these versions and what did the latest firmware consisted of. They replied that it was mainly to do with the technical side rather than a user update (hum!)

Then to add to this, he also relied that there was another firmware update imminent to deal with some other issues?? And on top of this I also found another software bug, so once this is sorted out I think another possible update in the pipe lines.

I have given Megger 3 opportunities to call me this reference to this bug issue, very recently in fact. Once before Christmas and twice after to call me back, or post an answer on this thread but nothing yet, I can see anther call coming their way :( .

Steve.

All in accordance with The IEE CofP
www.handselectrical.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 pm 

Hi All

just thought i would update this thread about the Megger PAT 400 series and the issues i have been told have now been addressed, with some added bonus features included in this 2.4 update. Also there is a new version of the PAT400 user guide which can be downloaded from their web site (PDF)

Please see below what the latest firmware update includes:

Login with PIN protection.
Up to 100 user accounts per PAT tester.
Two levels of user access privileges; "Supervisor" or "User".
New "Users" tab.
Added "Login/Logout" to the Users tab.
Added "Expert Mode" to Users tab.
Added "Manage Users" to the Users tab.
Username associated with each asset test record.
Username printed on test label.
Supports VDE standard Leakage test automatic polarity reversal method.
Added Reverse Polarity relay self test.
Added "Flash Passband (mA)", "RCD Passband", "RCD Measurement" and "Tested by" columns to CSV export.
Add Asset function remembers the previous Room ID used.
RCD test records 1I trip time at 0 degree of passed device
RCD test records the failed trip time or function of failed device.
Added "RCD Test Type" to the "Quick Test Config" screen.
Added 0.5 seconds discharge time at end of flash test.
Added AZERTY keypad support.
Added full accented characters support to AZERTY keypad.
Added polish language.
Added facility to add more than one leakage test to a test group (limited to certain variants).
CSV export produces extra data columns for two leakage testing.
Added multiple leakage results to view test results screen.
Added Measure PE Option to Expert Options screen (limited to certain variants).
Added a second nulling feature for IEC test leads.
Removed L-N short circuit check from insulation test.
Test for RTC battery status, "RTC Battery: low" will be added to the HOME screen if the real time clock battery is too low.
Improved detection of bond test probe being connected to the null point.
If test probe is connected to the null post, bond test will not proceed.
If test probe is not connected to the unit under test, bond test will not proceed.
Added in-situ continuity test of fixed installation appliances using 200mA. As a result of this if the test probe is connected to the NULL post, a continuity test will continue.
Prevents in-situ protective earth measurement of fixed installation appliances using 10/25A test current.
Asset database schema upgraded from 1.03 to 1.04

Seems like Megger have been very busy :wink:

All in accordance with The IEE CofP
www.handselectrical.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

Thanks for your post regarding the Megger 400 Series update to firmware (Version 2.4)

We have updated our Megger 420 and are working on the latest update so that it can be included in the forthcoming SimplyPats upgrade 6.0.6 which we have postponed whilst we work on this Megger firmware update.

We will post any issues that we encounter making SimplyPats compatible on this thread.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Just as an update to this thread.

Lorna has been working throught the latest release of the Megger PAT420 firmware (2.40) and has inlcuded the RCD Passband, RCD Measurement and Tested by data which is now sent by the Megger PAT420 in it's csv output.

These fields are now picked up by SimplyPats and this new functionality will be included in the 6.0.6. upgrade due at the end of June 2012.

Richard