SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Has anyone had a look at the brand new PAT testers from Megger, the Megger PAT410, Megger PAT420, Megger PAT450?

They look really impressive with a great looking screen and some interesting features such as the battery backup so the PAT tester re boots in less than a second when you have to unplug the tester.

I suspect megger will be at the ELEX 2010 at Sandown Park 30th November anypne planning on going to this show?

Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:45 pm 

Hi Richard

Just 'Googled' it, and agree it looks the bees knees. Really it has/had to play catch-up with the other testers out there with regarding to 250v insulation testing and RCD testing. But what does surprise me is that the 410 version only it seems not to be dual voltage and limited to only 200mA continuity/bond test but I suppose this is Megger opening up the market for where testing is not on an industry scale also not sure whether this version is battery or mains.

The 420 version does both 110 and 230v and seems to be very much a similar spec to the PAT4 /DV3, with a very impressive storage facility 10,000 assets also via USB which I assume is the same throughout the new range, with the 450 it looks the same as the 420 but have the facility like it’s older brother (sister) with a flash coil and i am sure they have many other amazing features lurking in those memory banks.
The screen like you said looks great, a lot better looking than the 3 line PAT4/DV3 which we are all accustom too.
This has now Megger back where it belongs, way up the front!

(Thought I put my penny’s worth in)

Steve

All in accordance with The IEE CofP
www.handselectrical.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Megger’s product manager has just informed me that the new PAT410, 420 and 450 should start shipping very soon, as soon as we get hold of one we will certainly get to work adding support for these PAT Testers to SimplyPats.

Unlike some of the other PAT Manufacturers, Megger seem far more open to talking to us, realising that 3rd party software support for their PAT Testers may just be a good thing.

We have a lot of existing users using SimplyPats with the Megger PAT4, fingers crossed we can offer these users, as well as new customers the option of purchasing a new Megger PAT410, PAT420 or PAT450 for use with SimplyPats.

We will update this post as soon as we have more information.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

Just to keep you updated, we are still waiting on our Megger PAT 450, as soon as we get our hands on one, we will start looking at adding compatibility in SimplyPats to download and hopefully upload to the Megger PAT 410, PAT 420 and PAT 450 Testers.

As mentioned, Megger have been very accommodating in talking to us and trying to help out where they can. Good to see at least one of the PAT Manufacturers working with us constructively even though they have their own PAT Testing software in the form of PowerSuite.

Obviously adding support for any new PAT testers that come into the market is very important to us and our users as this gives them the option of looking at a wider range of PAT Testers when looking for a new or backup PAT tester, one of the new battery operated hand held PAT Testers or if they just fancy a change and don’t want to be tied to the same manufacturer.

It’s also good for existing SimplyPats users as they can hopefully go out and purchase a new Megger PAT410, PAT420 or PAT450 without the added expense of investing in new PAT software and the associated change of data format, layout of printed reports and learning curve.

Hopefully we will have some more information soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

The New Megger PAT410, Megger PAT420, Megger PAT450

Just as an update to this thread, we have taken delivery today of a shiny new Megger PAT420 (15th December 2010), we will hopefully be getting on top of downloading the data in the next couple of weeks.

I will this thread updated as to progress.

Richard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

Thought I would upload some images of the new Megger PAT420 so you can all see the overall design and clarity of the new 5.7 inch (14.4cm) colour screen. The actual Height / Width dimensions are 8.7 x 11.5 cm if anyone is interested.

It is also nice to see a good sized QUERTY keyboard on the PAT, not to mention sporting a decent sized space key for a change. The keys are made from rubber and feel comfortable to use giving good accuracy if typing at speed.

Overall the Megger PAT420 is a fairly compact and light PAT Tester given the size of the Screen and Keyboard.

It may be worth mentioning that the hibernation mode works very well during the limited time we have played with it. This feature puts the PAT Tester battery mode when it is unplugged from the mains, plugging it back into the mains brings the PAT back online and ready to carry out the next test in less than a second. If left unplugged for more than 5 minutes, the PAT Tester will power down completely to save battery (which is charges when plugged in to the mains during normal use).

This is a great time saving feature if you are constantly moving locations, such as in a hotel of instance.

The PAT can also be shut down completely by pressing the off button.