SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Megger Pat420
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:03 pm 

Hi boys n girls. Lol. Not been on this forum for a long long time anyhow. I'm updating from my bulky seaward supernova plus. To megger pat 420 series. Does simply pats maintain its ease of use to download results and produce certificates and data into pdf. Like it use to from my seaward supernova.

If I download all data then wipe the pat420 clean. When it comes to next year's testing is it a case of just uploading then re use the barcode scanner. Take it once read asset will come up. But do you delete old data upon commencing the new test. ???

Ordered machine so think a bit of tinkering at home first before use in the field. Does anyone no if the brother printer does pass and fail label along with the barcode I'd sticker.

Post subject: Re: Megger Pat420
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Duane

First, Sorry for the delay in replying

Quote:
To megger pat 420 series. Does simply pats maintain its ease of use to download results and produce certificates and data into pdf. Like it use to from my seaward supernova.

Yep SimplyPats downloads the Megger 420 without any issues. Although the megger is a bit different from other testers, the data downloads fine. We just dont capture the full customer address which you can enter on the Megger 420.

Quote:
f I download all data then wipe the pat420 clean. When it comes to next year's testing is it a case of just uploading then re use the barcode scanner. Take it once read asset will come up. But do you delete old data upon commencing the new test. ???

Yes no problems, SimplyPats will upload the data back to the Megger 420. When you upload dat back, It wont upload the test results, just the assets information.

You can then barcode scan away and record the new results.

It is worth mentioning that when you set up your Test Settings on the Megger 420 (group codes) it is worht downloading the db file from your tester. We use the CSV file to get the test results, however the db with your used tests codes will be needed when you upload back to the Megger 420.

Please give us a ring if you need any further help with this when the time arises.

Have fun tinkering with the new machine and printer. I reckon you will be impressed with the Megger 420. It isn't light to carry around but it is a quick, easy to use tester!

Regards, Richard