SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Attachment:
File comment: SimplyPats and Seaward Apollo 500 and 600 compatibility Update 2014
SPS-Apollo-Compatibility.gif
SPS-Apollo-Compatibility.gif [ 118.91 KiB | Viewed 4945 times ]

Seaward Apollo 400, 500 and 600 support in SimplyPats Version 7

Updated December 9th 2015 (SimplyPats Version 7.0.7)

Seaward have kindly agreed to provide the necessary information to allow an updated SimplyPats to download all PAT test results and images* from the Apollo 400, 500 and Apollo 600 testers.

Compatibility for the Seaward Apollo 500 and Apollo 600 have been part of SimplyPats for a while, however with the release of the SimplyPats Version 7.0.7 Update (December 2015) we have now added support for the Apollo 400 on the Apollo Series Download Screen.

Some features may not be available depending on the model of Apollo Tester used

• SimplyPats will import all standard PAT related Test Results, including point to point and RCD Data.
• Images will import into SimplyPats, currently up to a maximum of two per appliance *.
• Imported Data will include the retest dates and periods but will not include the fields from the electrical risk assessment form used to calculate the retest period.
• The Export of Data from the Apollo Testers using the "To Other Software" option is only available via USB Cable.
• Upload of Test Data from SimplyPats to the Apollo Tester (where supported) is currently not available

* The ability to add images to SimplyPats was added in 2009 and was limited to just one image per appliance, this has been increased to two images per appliance when adding support for the Seaward Apollo Testers that support the camera feature. If demand is there we will certainly look at increasing the number of images stored with each appliance.

Other limitations may also apply.

If you would like more information or have any questions relating to the above, please contact us in the first instance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:27 pm 

Well now its been officially announced it does seem more real but looking forward to the day when I can download direct to simply pats instead of downloading to patgard 3 then having to export then import via a CSV file. I don't think I need to tell you that I am happy to beta test the code for you when available.
It will be nice to be able to recommend the Apollo as a good machine again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rick

Many thanks for your post.

Quote:
I am happy to beta test the code for you when available.

We would be very grateful for you to do this, many thanks for offering, I will keep you posted as soon as we have a beta version available.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Apollo 500 / 600 Compatibility Update

It has been a while since we announced that we would be adding support for the Apollo 500 and Apollo 600 to SimplyPats Version 7.

We have now had the opportunity to have a closer look at the proposed alternative data file sent out from the Apollo 600, so thought it would be a good time to give you an update on the progress so far.

We can confirm that we have managed to add the Apollo 600 as a supported PAT Tester on the Download Screen, and also added a button to read in the data from the alternative .tar file created by the tester.

We have managed to add the import routines, and while the data is being imported into SimplyPats Version 7 we can see that we will need to make a few minor “tweaks” here and there.

We still have work to do before we are in a position to integrate both the Apollo 600 and 500 into a public BETA fully, but we will keep you up-to-date via Facebook or our forum.

The Testers will also need to have the Firmware Updated to add the alternative data output before they are fully compatible with SimplyPats.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Seaward for their continued support and help on this matter.

Slightly off subject… Another Seaward PAT Tester being added to the next update will be the PrimeTest 250+

Attachment:
File comment: SimplyPats V7.0.7 Seaward Apollo 400, 500 and 600 Support
SimplyPats-Apollo-Support.png
SimplyPats-Apollo-Support.png [ 27.84 KiB | Viewed 2565 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Seaward Apollo 500 and 600 Compatibility Update

We have been testing a BETA Pre-release for a few weeks and thought we would do a small video showing the download/import from our Apollo 600.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCe34EXLDIM

The SimplyPats Version 7.0.4 BETA supporting the Seaward Apollo 500 and Apollo 600 will be available for download when Seaward release the Firmware to the public.

Please contact us if you need access to the SimplyPats V7.0.4 BETA update.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:09 pm 

Well after months of waiting for the upgrade firmware seaward have finaly delivered the goods. My 600 is now flashed and downloading data into simply Pats just like it was last July before Seaward recalled my first tester and sent it back incompatible with Simply Pats. Thankyou Richard and Carl for all the work you have put in to getting this tester working with the software again. Im sure other people may now be interested in the machine now its not limited to using the awful Patgard 3 software. I for one am looking forward to not having to download to patgard and export to simply pats via the csv file.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rick,

Many thanks for your feedback.

Glad your Apollo seems to be downloading. Please keep an eye on the data and results downloaded whilst 7-0-4 is on beta.

We will do some more testing with our own Apollo 600 next week with the official firmware release.

Hopefully there will not be too many issues so that we can soon release 7-0-4 as a full update to SimplyPats 7.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 pm 

Just had a link to update my Apollo today with new firmware but it gives this warning

NOTE: Updating the Apollo 600 to firmware version to 2.1.0-50 or greater may cause it to become incompatible with PAT software other than PATGuard 3.

Don't want to upgrade without checking with you first

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:24 am 
Site Admin

Hi Rick

I have updated our Seaward Apollo 600 with the latest Firmware 2.1.0-50 and can confirm that it is still supported in SimplyPats Version 7.0.4.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:22 pm 

Thanks Carl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:45 pm 

I've just bought v7 tonight, and am getting to know it well - and already loving it!

I updated the firmware on my Apollo 600, and thought I would add something to this thread, just in case it helps others.

I thought the firmware update would wipe everything on the tester. This isn't the case.
As the Apollo started up again, to my surprise it reminded me that it was 17 days overdue for a checkbox test. Then I found that it still had the test results on it from my last site.

After updating SimplyPats too, I was away, and really happy to find SimplyPats loading in just shy of 200 tests, complete with Make and Model fields as an extra bonus.

Thanks to Richard and Carl for their hard work on this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for all your support and feedback, its good to know that the Seaward Apollo 600 and 500 support in SimplyPats is working out for those customers that are choosing to use this solution.

I know that a number of customers have welcomed the addition of the Make and Model Data Fields which were added in the SimplyPats Version 7.0.4 update, so good to know it is working.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:17 pm 

yes V7 is a great help. Though i am new to the forum but it is very helpful.

Rick Hill

Quote:
NOTE: Updating the Apollo 600 to firmware version to 2.1.0-50 or greater may cause it to become incompatible with PAT software other than PATGuard 3.

Thanks or i would be making the mistake.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Hi Jason

The lastest versions of the Apollo 500 and 600 firmwares are compatible with SimplyPats 7.0.4 (SimplyPats 7.0.4 is available in the downloads section of the forum.)

viewforum.php?f=63

I beleive the latest Seaward Firmware is v2.11.0-6

If you have the ability to download to "To Other Software" then you have a firmware version that SimplyPats can import the data from.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:24 pm 

Yes i have seen that i will give it a try and send my feed back. Thank you for the quick support