SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Apollo 600
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:24 pm 

Hi I am seriously considering upgrading my 11 year old Smartpat 5000 for an appolo 600 but am interested to hear any coments regarding the unit before I make my final decision. Also my decision will also depend on weather the unit is going to work properly with the simply pats software as i do not intend on buying seawards software.

Rick

Post subject: Re: Apollo 600
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rick

I don't think I can make any comments other than general ones in relation to the first question you ask. We have purchased an Apollo 600 and have used it to test, however as you know we don't do PAT testing in the field so I will leave it to real testers to comment on that aspect.

Generally though I would say it is quick (processor) entering data and selecting options, does a comprehensive set of tests including the point to point and has a good screen. Unlike it's predecessor the Primetest it has a querty keyboard which is good. Also nice that it charges when plugged in (no separate charger) and that you can use it whilst plugged in, so it's also charging at the same time.

Quote:
Also my decision will also depend on weather the unit is going to work properly with the simply pats software

We have added support for the Apollo 600 in SimplyPats 7 (available within the next couple of weeks in July 2013) and whilst we have done some in house testing we haven't had a lot of real field tested data to cross check everything is working perfectly. I suspect like most testers there may be initial firmware upgrades that may also have an impact on things.

We have the tester downloading and also assigning any photographs taken to the appropriate appliance. We have had the ability to show and report photographs in SimplyPats for 4 years and currently only allow 1 photograph per appliance, the Apollo allows two per appliance (i think?)

We have also not added any functionality to upload back to the apollo, however we will certainly review adding this at a later date if possible.

I'm sure your Robin Smartpat 5000 has served you well over the past 11 years but the Apollo is a big leap forward in capability.

You are welcome to borrow our Apollo 600 if you'd like to try it out for a few days (if you don't mind paying for transport), we can let you have a beta copy of SimplyPats 7 at the same time.

Regards, Richard.

Post subject: Re: Apollo 600
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:06 pm 

that is a very tempting and generous offer Richard that I am seriously considering just need to sort a bit of a job to try it out on. As far as the software goes I will be upgrading to the new version as soon as you have it available. I will be in touch quite soon. I have already been looking around to see what price I can get one for.