SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Europa PAC plus
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:17 pm 

Just got one of these testers second hand with no software
Had a recomendation of simply pats , so need to know if compatible with Europa PAC plus
Ive had a look at the models listed but couldn't see anything
Many thanks

Post subject: Re: Europa PAC plus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Romps

The Seaward Europa PAC plus is not a PAT Tester that we have had the pleasure of looking at or using so I am unable to confirm if SimplyPats will download data from the unit. Saying that, if it has the option of downloading in Seaward SSS format, Seaward Legacy Format or standard text/ascii I can see no reason why we cannot support it.

If it does download in Seaward SSS format, then it may well already work using the Seaward Europa Plus download option already in SimplyPats. If it sends the data out in some other format, we should be able to capture the data using one of many methods and add support for the tester.

The Europa PAC Plus will have stored limited information due to the lack of a keyboard, SimplyPats can make light work of entering Appliance Descriptions/Locations etc, so it may be a viable option and certainly something we are willing to look at if the PAT Tester is not already supported using the Seaward Europa Plus setting.

I believe that the PAT tester has the ability to store up to 100 tests? Which should be plenty for very small jobs, however do you know if the Appliance ID on the PAT tester is A) Recorded B) Automatically Incremented and C) if recorded, can it be changed via key input?

Perhaps you would be kind enough to give me a call on 01326 378268 so we can discuss some options in more detail, we can always remotely log into your PC, install SimplyPats or some other COMs capturing software and have a look at the download in more detail.

Regards Carl