SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 am 

Apparently in their wisdom Seaward no longer provide telephone support for their products. Communication is now via web feedback form and according to my recent submission I should receive a reply in 48 hours. My reply will probably lead to further questions so multiples of up to 48 hours are likely before I resolve my problem(s).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi PATconstructive
We were very surprised to hear that Seaward are no longer offering inbound Telephone Support on their products, and are instead choosing to direct users to text based methods of communication.

I have over 11 years experience offering support to SimplyPats customers and have also on many occasions requested support from the manufacturers on behalf of our customers if needed, so I can certainly see the argument from both sides. One thing is certain, offering telephone support is an expensive business when offered free of charge.

I would like to take this opportunity to reassure our users that we have no intentions of stopping telephone support for SimplyPats, we believe that it is a critical and welcome service to a large majority of our customers.
I will however unashamedly take this opportunity to mention our stance on offering support.

The support services that we currently offer are provided free of charge regardless of the method used, and just like Seaward we find ourselves dealing with a broad range of support issues, many of which are not directly related to our core product, such as PC issues or converting data. With support for over 38 different PAT Testers from several manufacturers, I am sure that you can appreciate the task that we face.

We do however continually review our ability to offer our support services on a free of charge basis. Obviously the main focus here is based on the budget and personnel required to sustain such a service, nothing else. Either way, Telephone Support will always be an option for our customers unless we are forced to withdraw this service due to circumstances out of our control.

As we are on the subject of support, I would like to take this opportunity to remind SimplyPats Version 5 users that support for their particular Version will end in May 2012, we would recommend that all users of SimplyPats Version 5 (or below) upgrade to the latest SimplyPats Version 6 software if they would like to receive continued support.

While we have always said that we can only offer support to those customers using the current version of our software (SimplyPats Version 6 at this time), we regularly find ourselves in a position of helping customers that are using older versions.

We constantly receive phone calls from customers that are still using the same SimplyPats software that they purchased some 10 years ago. Some of these customers realise that the software is severely out of date, so choose to purchase the upgrade to the latest version. Many however just flatly refuse to purchase the upgrade but still expect support, which can be extremely frustrating trying to explain to them the importance of keeping the software up to date.

We would be interested to know other peoples opinion on support services in general, please feel free to add your own thoughts below.

Carl