SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What Machine?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:30 pm 

Hi,

I have been using simplypats for sometime inputting the data manually and have now decided to purchase a new machine that can download the data, the problem is i cant decide what machine to get.

I am drawn to the Fluke 6500 or the Europa Plus but would consider any machine in the price range of around £700.

any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks John

Post subject: Re: What Machine?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 pm 

Hi John
I'm Customer Services Manager for PAT Training Services in Leeds, we are distributors for all the major PAT Testing equipment manufacturers.
We carry most PAT Testers in stock for next day delivery. I would like the opportunity to discuss your requirements in further over the phone and offer a solution that fits your budget and issue a quotation for you.
If you should like to give me call on 0113 248 9966 I would be happy to help - we are open 9am to 5pm.
You may also wish to have a look at our website www.pat-training.co.uk
Joe Hancocks.

Post subject: Re: What Machine?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

I would have thought that both the testers you mentioned are excellent choices. The Fluke 6500 seems to be very popular and is straightforward to use.

The Europa has been available for many years and we have lots of users using it. I would have thought it was one of the most popular testers on the market. One advantage of the Europa is that it has more comments fields than the Fluke so you can enter more information in the field whilst testing, e.g. charge and repair codes, notes about the appliance etc.

You may also want to look at the new Kewtech KT77 which has some nice features and is within your budget.

Do you do any 110 Volt testing? If so you may want to check that the two testers you mention will do 110 Volt testing when plugged into 110. I think both the Europa and the KT77 will do this.

If you want to stick with SimplyPats to download the information from your new tester please note that we will only charge you the difference between the cost of the Manual Entry version (which I’m assuming that you are using) and the Full Version. The prices can be viewed on our main website using the following link:

http://www.simplypats.co.uk/shop_pat_software.htm

Regards,
Lorna