SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

In order to support a customer with a mix of Seaward PrimeTest 300 Pat Testers and Seaward 1000i Pat Testers, we have written a utility to download these PAT test machines in PATs+ format.

PATs+ format is a legacy format that doesn't give all the infornation that can be entered into the PrimeTest 300/350, however it does give all the test results, appliance description etc and maybe suitable for many SimplyPats customers needs.

If you are looking at using the PrimeTest 300 or 350 and also are using SimplyPats or wish to use SimplyPats please give us a call to see if we can help. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 pm 

Hi Richard
I have just taken delivery of a Seaward Primetest 300 to run alongside my Europa Plus. I would like to know what SimplyPats can do with my new tester.

Regards
dave570b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dave

Thanks for your post we have a collection of SimplyPats users now using the Primetest 300 or Primetest 350 pat testers. Whilst we can only download these PAT testers in legacy format (ASCII), it works for many of our user's needs.

I have asked Carl to email you with a document which explains what can and cannot be achieved using the small utility. You obviously need a full registered copy of SimplyPats version 5 on the pc you install the utility.

Carl will also send you a link on the email so you can download the utility. Please give us a ring if you need any support whilst installing it, or any clarification of the document.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

As an update, I have added support for recovering the Touch Leakage results from the Primtest 300 / 350 in the download utility for SimplyPats.

The current version of the Download uitlity is Version 1.0.14, please contact us if you need an upgrade.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:50 pm 

Hi Richard,

I've been reading this topic for information regarding the use of SimplyPATS and the Primetest 300 and 350. Unfortunately I must be a little bit slow as I am still unsure as to what we can and can't do with it.

We are considering purchasing one of these testers but only if it can be used as easily with SimplyPATS as the Supernova. I'm not entirely sure what an ASCII file is and wether its all I require.

I'd love some more information on the compatability. I can see that you have been working hard to get it working with the 300 and 350 and as the handheld testers are the way forward I'm glad to see that.

What would you suggest is the best handheld tester for compatability with SimplyPATS?

Cheers

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve, thanks for your post.

Personally I think the Seaward Primetest hand held PAT Tester is an excellent machine, particularly suitable for office work where there is alot of IT equipment. I feel its a shame that the keyboard is laid out in ABC format and not QUERTY but maybe that's just me and remembering how long it took me to learn to type on a QUERTY layout!

As far as SimplyPats is concerned, there is a document that Carl has written that explains exactly what you can get from downloading in ASCII format into SimplyPats. I will ask Carl to email you a copy so you can understand the limitations.

Im sure you are aware that we are a third party developer and do not make our own PAT testing machines. As such it is unreasonable to expect that the manufacturers of PAT test machines provide us with any technical support on how their machines download, after all we are competitors on the Software side. Having said that, many manufacturers are supportive and do provide us with the relevant technical information.

The download from the Primtest 300 and 350 can be in SSS format, ASCII format or the legacy PAT+ format. Only the SSS format contains all the information that the Primetest machine stores. Unfortunately the SSS format is very complex and cannot be easily understood without the technical documentation from the manufacturer.

Regarding other hand held testers, we are unaware of any other downloadable handheld PAT test machines. There are a couple of excellent manual entry PAT testers, including the Primetest 100 and Primetest 200, and of course the new Martindale HPAT600, but as I say, neither of these download to software.

Hopefully the document Carl has written will explain alot more. If you would like to borrow our Primtest 350 so you can try it with SimplyPats before purchasing one, please let me know. (As long as your happy to pay for the carriage)

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

I have arranged for the PrimeTest 350 to be sent out to you tomorrow.

Although we currently have a large number of users already using the Seaward PrimeTest with SimplyPats, we would be very much like to hear your feedback.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

We now have some updated information regarding support for the Seaward PrimeTest 350 and 300, please click on the following link.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=725