SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 pm 

Hi, Currently have the Megger PAT4 DV3 and I'm considering the Europa Plus as a second machine.
I'll be using Simply Pats to download the results.
What do users think about the Europa Plus?
Cheers Rich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rich,

Im suprised no one has replied to your post about the Seaward Europa as we have many users of SimplyPats using the Europa. As you know we dont do any Pat Testing just write SimplyPats, however having looked at over 26 downloading Pat Test machines the Seaward has to be one of my favourites. Its straightforward to use, has a great screen, good qwerty keyboard and is nice and small and light.

Im not sure how it compares against the Megger PAT4 in speed of testing and boot up time, howver it has much more flexibility in entering extra information whilst in the field as you have 4 comments or notes lines you can use after you have completed the test which SimplyPats can make use of.

I can't remember whether it can do 110 volt tests or it may need to be plugged into a 110 volt supply in order to do them?

I guess the fact that Seaward have been manufacturing this tester for a few years and continue to manufacturer it speaks for itself.

If you want to try a Seaward Europa plus out you are always welcome to pop in and have a go with the one with have in our office.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:23 pm 

Thanks for the offer. I can't believe everyone is perfectly happy with it. Surely it must have some niggles.
When things have slowed up a bit I'll pop down with some doughnuts :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:40 pm 

Hi,
Sorry I have not been on the forum for a while. I have a seward europa plus and a seward primetest 300. I regularly use them both dependent on the job. I have tested both 110v & 230v & also IT equipment with the europa, it is a very good machine. The down side is you can not do 110v load tests with the europa & it is not very portable for site work hence my purchase of the primetest.

regards

Harry