SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 pm 

Hello Lorna
Many thanks for your prompt reply. I really appreciate the time that you devoted to obtaining an answer. I will try this and let you know the outcome.
Thanks again.
Regards
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:43 pm 

Hello Lorna
Tried out your settings etc and the scanner works perfectly. Had to spend a little time determining what code should be programmed, but a combination of code-93 and code-128 seems to fit the bill!
Again, many thanks for your help.
Regards
Ian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ian

I'm glad it's working.

Sorry I totally forgot to mention the barcode types.

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 pm 

Hi Richard,

I am trying to get a Birch BT4910iBU scanner to pair with my PT300 and would be keen to get the info that you sent to Ratty in July last year. We can pair the scanner with a computer and iPhone but haven't been able to get the mode right to fit the PT.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mal

We have tried pairing multiple modern day smartphones with our PrimeTest 350 here and have yet to have any success, so I wouldn’t hold much hope in pairing up a non Seaward branded Bluetooth scanner.

We are not sure if the PrimeTest 300 or 350 are looking for a particular Scanner ID or Firmware version prior to pairing or whether the PrimeTest is just programmed to accept Bluetooth communication with certain devises. There are also several different Bluetooth versions and protocols now available which may also add to compatibility issues.

We would certainly be very interested to hear from anyone that has had success in Pairing a Bluetooth scanner or indeed a mobile device with their PrimeTest 300 or 350, however saying that Pairing via Bluetooth is one thing, getting the kit actually working is another.

The reply sent to Ratty went as follows;

“Your metrologic scanner must be checked and reprogrammed to the following settings.

Baud Rate: 57600
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1

It is most likely that the only setting that will need changing is the Baud Rate. It is possible to do this by downloading the full manual for your scanner and scanning some configuration barcodes to set the baud rate.

Some barcode manufacturers supply software to program the scanner but this might be a bit more involved especially connecting it via Bluetooth.

I’m not sure what metrologic scanner you have bought, there are many different types of Bluetooth scanner and they don’t always emulate a Serial port profile (although if yours is pairing with the primtest it looks like you’re lucky.)”

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:59 am 

i haven't get a chance to try the Seaward you just metioned, because i am using another one for office. besides you can choose one from web and change a little bit of the c# source codes and then you can have a compatible barocde scanner of your own.