SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Following several customer requests over the last couple of years often where they have more than one PAT tester we have added support in SimpyPats for the following older Seaward PAT Tester models;

Seaward IT 1000
    Seaward 1000 S
    Seaward 1000 X

If you have one of these testers and would like to download the data to SimplyPats, please contact us for additional information.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:19 pm 

HI,

I have a IT 1000 and have heard that a standard 9 pin male to female extension cable can be adapted to use the software. Can anyone confirm if this is correct and if so how to make it?

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Madonion,

I am pretty sure I have the wiring diagram for the Seaward IT 1000 at work and will email you it tommorow if that's ok. There are 3 Seaward 1000 variants (IT 1000, 1000 S and 1000 X) and I can't remember of the top of my head whether they are all the same, and infact if they are the same as the later Seaward models.

You could use a standard serial extension cable and take it apart to make your new download cable, however the ends on the cable are usually molded plastic so you would need to cut the cable and cross the wires appropriately.

If you have a multi meter and a soldering iron then it shouldn't be too difficult to solder up just one of the ends with a new RS232 (9 pin D Plug). (Although these days I seem to need a series of magnifying glasses to get the job done!)

We always have a stock of 9 pin D plugs and 9 pin D sockets for the serial port on the PC and PAT tester and the self assembly plastic covers for the ends.

Let me know if you want to go down the second route and we can pop a couple in the post to you.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Madonion,

Just had a chance to check the wiring diagram of the IT 1000. The wiring diagram is in the manual (on page 13.
) I beleive you can download this from Seaward's Web site if you don't already have it.

Basically the cable is the same as what is known in PC shops as a NULL MODEM cable. This is one with pin's 2 and 3 crossed and pin 5 straight through. it's the same configuration used by some other testers. You'll obviously have to check you have the correct gender at each end. e.g. Female to go into the back of the PC and Male to go into the IT 1000

PC PAT
2 - 3
3 - 2
5 - 5

We have have them in stock here if you need to purchase a ready wired one.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:28 pm 

Thanks for the reply, How much would a ready wired one be?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi madonion,

We charge £19.95 + vat + delivery and you can buy them direct from our shopping page:

http://www.simplypats.co.uk/simplypats_shop.htm

You could buy them cheaper elsewhere but we always provide support when you come to download.

Regards Richard