SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 pm 

I use a GammaPat MI 3311 and PATLink Pro V1.8.0 software.

I hadn't used the software for a bit and when I tried to start the program (PATLink Pro V1.8.0) a Microsoft Windows message
appeared which said "NewPatLink has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution ...".

Another Microsoft Windows message then appeared which said "NewPatLink has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will the close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program but the same problem occurs.

Any ideas please anyone?

Regards

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Hi Kevin

This can be a hard issue to diagnose. We ocassionally get issues with our software that cause a crash without an explicit error message. E.g.

"Your program has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will the close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This is usually not an error with the program but to do with some of the additional installed programs (dll's for example) that the program uses. I.e. they are not registered or conflict with different versions used by other programs on your PC.

We have a copy of PATLink Pro V1.8.5 software which we could let you have (you will obviously need to use your own licence codes) which just might solve your issue.

I beleive PATLink uses SQL Server Express 2005 to store the data, it might be an incomplete installation of this that could cause an issue. You can download this from Microsoft's Web Site.

Ultimately the easiest solution might be to install the software on a different PC, if you have one, and of course ring Metrel UK support.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:22 pm 

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for you reply. Have rang Metrel but can't get through and their website seems to be unavailable to download latest version of PATLink Pro. Thanks for the advice and offer, would it be possible to email a copy of the latest software, my email address is (email address removed by Admin).

Still working on the DLLs to see if any are missing.

Kind regards

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Kevin

The software is too large to email or upload so we will need to post it to you. We’ve missed the post for today so we can send it out on Monday.

The Metrel site appears to be down but it may be up and running over the weekend allowing you to download the update.

Please call the office on Monday and let me know if you still need the software (and your contact details) and we will get a copy in the post to you.

Tel: 01326 378268

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 am 

Some versions of Patlink Pro are unstable on Windows 7 64 bit.

The latest version is stable.

Dowload from here:

http://www.metrel.si/download-center.ht ... center_pi1[group_uid]=3&tx_downloadcenter_pi1[product_uid]=83&tx_downloadcenter_pi1[type_uid]=3&tx_downloadcenter_pi1[dcSubmit]=SEARCH&no_cache=1&lang=0&id=1523

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the info Tesla, hopefully useful to those using Metrel's PATLink Pro Software.

Richard