SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Alphapat download issue
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:57 pm 

Hello :D,
I've recently had an issue downloading from my alphapat machine to my computer, whereby the first item I had tested would not appear on the report. I would have to manually type it in. I've over come this problem by upgrading from version 4 of simplypats to version 5 but still have one issue to resolve. That is when I download to simplypats V5 the item description doesn't appear, only the make of the item that I had entered along with the test results. I also had the same problem with Version 4. Is this a fault with my machine or a possible software issue :?:

Any advice would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hello CCTT

Following on from our telephone conversation yesterday, I thought I would update this post for the benefit of other users that may have a similar problem.

The problem with the Appliance Description not appearing in SimplyPats was down to the wrong PAT Tester selected in the Settings > System Setting Screen.

Users of the Australia and New Zealand Metrel BetaPat and AlphaPat need to set Metrel - BetaPat (Aus/Nz) or Metrel - AlphaPat (Aus/Nz) from the PAT Tester drop down menu, as the firmware in these testers is specific for the Australia and New Zealand market.

Unfortunately, another problem has occurred where the software returns an Error Code 5 following download from the PAT. This is currently an unresolved issue, however we believe that it may be specific to the computer being used.

I will update this post with further information when we know more.

Carl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

The Runtime Error 5 issue has how been resolved by deleting all temporary files located in the SimplyPats Temp folder.

If you have installed SimplyPats to the default location, these files can be found in C:\Program Files\SimplyPats 5\Temp

If deleted SimplyPats will re-create these files when you next start SimplyPats and close the program down.

Carl