SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenfer

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post, however I had got side tracked on some issues to do with the next release.

Quote:
To enter RCD results into SP the dual Microwave- RCD drop down screen is used. If my memory is correct this was introduced in one of the early versions of SP6 and then modified in a later version.

Considering the earlier comments in this forum topic, what possibility is there to split this data entry screen into stand alone Microwave and RCD screens?

Yes - this should be entirely possible, I agree it is a bit wierd that the RCD and Microwave are entered on the same screen. As you say it would make sense to spearate them.

Quote:
My suggestion is to have the top portion of the RCD screen showing just the 0 degrees test paramaters for the UK users. The bottom part be used for the Down Under users of SP and those UK users who also test in the 180 degrees out of phase testing as well as the 0 degrees testing.

There is a setting in the System Settings screen to allow the entry of the 180 Phase data

Attachment:
File comment: Enable 0 and 180 Pahse
Enable RCD 0 and 180 Phase.jpg
Enable RCD 0 and 180 Phase.jpg [ 3.84 KiB | Viewed 1031 times ]

Once this is enabled the second field on the RCD screen will appear.

Attachment:
File comment: RCD 0 and 180 Phase
RCD Tests.jpg
RCD Tests.jpg [ 6.43 KiB | Viewed 1031 times ]

Quote:
The AS/NZS3760 has a test current of either 10 mA or 30mA

I have added 10 mA, 15 mA and 30 mA and in addition the test limits of 40 mS, 200 mS and 300 mS.

Quote:
In addition the MI120 unit, although not required by the Standard, has the capability of performing a 50% sensitivity differential current as well as a 5 fold differential current.

Yes some of the new Metrel PAT Test machines SigmaPat MI3310 and BetaPat Plus MI3304, also test at half times and 5 times current.

When doing the RCD auto test on an RCD you end up with 6 pieces of data, i.e. at 0 degress half, 1 times and 5 times current and the same for the 180 degree phase.

Currently in SimplyPats their isnt the space to record these results individually. Whilst this dat could be stored in a single field, e.g. a notes type field, to store the data for each of these elements would require us to change the data sturcture.

However, I am currently working on the next full release of SimplyPats and whilst this is a mammoth undertaking (SimplyPats Version 5 took some 3 years to write....) I have enabled the data structure to record an unlimited number of elements for each appliance. You can therefore have results and limits for an RCD at each phase and each current. There are some other advantages to this since you should be able to record multiple continuity tests (for example where you test the earth continuity of each socket of a trailing socket (where you pat tester allows multiple tests)). Also there is the benefit of being able to record other non electrical types of tests, e.g. comprehensive individual visual inspection tests.

I am hoping to have a beta version available to SimplyPats 6 users within the next couple of months, however it will take time before it contains all the functionality of SimplyPats 6, e.g. reporting, spell checking etc etc.

In the mean time I will look at how we can strengthen the storing and reporting of the more complex RCD results within the current version.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Just for reference, this is how the data for Multiple RCD tests will appear within the next version of SimplyPats.

Note: I still need to add a test output column to this data.

Attachment:
File comment: Multiple RCD Test Data
Multiple RCD Tests.jpg
Multiple RCD Tests.jpg [ 40.56 KiB | Viewed 1031 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:53 pm 

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the responses so far.

I look forward to viewing the next version of SP after which I may come back to you with additional comments about the RCD input screen.

Regards

Glenn
(Glenfer)