SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Appliance Register
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:33 pm 

I would like to generate an Asset Register that includes the Appliance Make, Model and Serial number. Could you please advise if this is possible.
Sorry for 2 posts, I diddn't realise you had separate forum for New Zealand. We are using a MI3304 BetaPAT Plus Pat tester and considering purchasing SimplyPats6 if we can get the appliance details into a report.
Cheers
Steven

Post subject: Re: Appliance Register
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Hi Steven

With the MI3304 BetaPAT Plus Pat tester the Make and Model fields are concatenated with the Appliance Description and do appear on the Appliance Register report available in SimplyPats.

The serial number is picked up by the software and if you require it to be printed on the Appliance Register report we will happily add this for you.

If you would like to try the demo version of SimplyPats you can access it using the following link:

http://www.simplypats.co.uk/sp_demo_download_v5.aspx

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steven

SimplyPats comes with a large number of standard PAT testing or Test and Tag Reports which seem to work for the majority of users and we have added some nice features such as the ability to use different colour schemes, a digital signature and company logo.

We do however receive requests from existing users for slight amendments or additions to some of the existing Test and Tag Reports and will generally provide these free of charge if the changes are not too difficult or time consuming.

The image below was generated from within SimplyPats using actual data but has the information you requested. The Description title has been changed to read Make / Model and I have added the Appliance Serial Number field.

If this is the sort of Report you were referring to, I can send you the Custom Test and Tag Report file via email together with installation instructions.

Attachment:
App-Register-with-Serial-Nu.gif
App-Register-with-Serial-Nu.gif [ 26.95 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 am 

Hi Carl,
Yes that is the report we are after if you could send the file to me I will try it out on our data.
Cheers
Steven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steven

I emailed you a Custom PAT Report file, updated SimplyPats program file and installation instructions on Friday, hope you recieved it.

let me know how you get on and if you have any problems installing the Simplypats update or the Custom PAT Report, please get in touch.

Carl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:55 am 

Hi Carl,
Have Uploaded the files into Simplypats demo and its all working fine.
Is it possible to incorporate the serial numbers in to other reports i.e V2 Fail report. or the V2 Appliance register Grouped
Also could the Comments field from the pat tester be used in say the V2 Fault report.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

Anything is possible (well almost), the Serial Number can be included in the SimplyPats V2 Pass Report the Fail Report and the Pass and Fail Report if needed, it can also be included on the V2 Appliance Register Grouped.

If you enter information into the Fail Reason comments field on the PAT Tester, this information will appear in the Fail Reason field in SimplyPats and be printed out as a Fail Reason on the PAT Reports.

However as of SimplyPats Version 6.0.5, users will have the option to select what they want to use each comments field for, this will be a generic option of all PAT Testers that we support, if they include the option of entering information into comments fields.

I didn’t quite understand the last comment in the last sentence, perhaps you can give some more information and detail on this.

The new PAT Settings screen in SimplyPats Version 6.0.5

Attachment:
new download screen.jpg
new download screen.jpg [ 48.07 KiB | Viewed 1827 times ]