SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: AutoCad 2007
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:54 am 

Can any one with a problem I have, every time I open the software program on the computer AutoCad 2007 window opens up or I go to the printer it looking for; "E:\Software\Autocad 2007\Autodesk AutoCAD 2007\Bin\AcadFEUI\."
I am use a Simplypat version 5.2.9 set on Metrel-Alpat (Aus/NZ) :? Steve

Post subject: Re: AutoCad 2007
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Hi Steved thanks for your post. Over the past 10 years I have seen this occur a couple of times. The last time was with Microsoft Office. Im not sure what causes the problem, there is no code written by us within SimplyPats that is doing anything which might cause it.

I beleive it is one of the Microsoft Windows components used by SimplyPats which is triggering the running of an incomplete installation of a product e.g. in your case Autocad. It is strange that this is running from drive E - which I assume is your CD Rom drive.

How i have fixed this in the past is either by completing the installtion of the product e.g. Autocad or if it is not being used by ensuring its complete removal by going to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs and Uninstalling the program.

This link on Autocad's website gives some information of fully removing Autocad prior to re installing it.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps ... ID=9240617

It may also be an idea to run a registry cleaner if you are familiar with doing this.

I will try and do some more research to find out what may be causing it and post any findings here. If you have any luck by installing fully / removing autocad fully please let me know.

Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi steved, have been doing a bit of research and found this article

http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/archive/ind ... 43924.html

The interesting part is

Quote:
andreasnordlund11-10-2005, 07:19 AM
You get the same kind of message if you do a fresh install of MS Office.
If the application has not been used before the installment of a VB6 program installation you get the same message.
Solution: First start the other application, because, in the case of MS Office, it will do some final installations. Then start the installation of your own tool.

This seems to support what I had thought. Did you ever run the Autocad 2007?

Also the same user suggested that it was an issue to do with the Microsoft Windows Installer

Quote:
andreasnordlund12-14-2005, 01:49 AM
Soved it. Puuuh. I upgraded the "windows installer" on the machine in question from 3.0 to 3.1 v2. :D

I will do some more research on this.

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:15 pm 

Hi
Thanks for your replys I have loaded the missing file in to AtuoCad and it worked, I also have regclean great program. Many thanks for all your help. :D :D :D

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 am 
Site Admin

Excellent news Steve, glad it is sorted.

This is a wierd problem and unlike programming bugs where I can hopefully work out what I have done wrong, problems like this are often a result of interaction between Windows and third party components which you don't have much control over.

As I said, have never seen it with Autocad but a couple of times with MS Office. I guess the more times this error appears and gets sorted, the better understanding we will have of the issue and how to resolve it.

Many thanks for posting that it is now resolved.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

Just as an update to this thread.

This morning we have had another occurence where starting SimplyPats causes the "firing off" of an install program of another piece of software.

The software, Tecumseh Europe 2005 (something to do with compressors!) install program fired when SimplyPats started, I think this is the same issue as the Autocad issue above - that is an incomplete install. In this case the customer removed the Tecumseh Europe 2005 software and SimplyPats ran fine as he was not using that software as much as SimplyPats.

Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Just as another update to this thread.

We have has a customer today who when trying to licence his SimplyPats software kep receiving the message "Please insert your Microsoft Access 2000 Runtime disk" and he couldn't progress any further.

The customer had Office 2007 and an older version of Microsoft Office.

Removing the older version of Office as he no longer used it sorted the issue out.

Again - the installation programs of some pieces of software seems to be started by some of the components used by simplypats. Howver this only appears to be the case when an incomplete installation of that software has happened or where the computers registry is confused.

Richard.