SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: V2 reports
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:07 am 

Hi Admin, any chance you can create a custom report based on v2 or modify the existing v2.what I need is the retest date added and the ablity to change the colours on the report also can I have the Cert Number changed to Electrical licence Number for here in Australia. our licence numbers are usually 6 to 7 digits and a letter on the end.

Post subject: Re: V2 reports
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Cruzer

We can certainly look at modifying one of the existing V2 Reports, but would need to know which one you would like to use. From there we can then look at adding or removing certain elements (within reason).

Adding the Retest Date shouldn't be an issue.

The reference to the Cert Number can also be changed with regards to that Report, however it would still be referred to as Cert Number within the software and possibly on other non-custom reports.

The colour of the V2 reports can already be changed via the “Settings” > “Print Setup” > “Margins & Colrs Tab“

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:33 am 

Hi Admin, v2 passes and fails please. cheers Manuel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

No problem, I will have a look at this and update this post when I have had a look at the changes needed on this particular Report.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Cruzer

I have emailed you a Custom Test and Tag Report with instructions on installing it.

As mentioned in the email, the report i have sent only includes the addition of the Retest Date at this time.

We will have a look at possible ways to add the Electrical Licence Number, however i am not sure that the current Cert Number field would be ideal, as this is designed to be a unique number that has the option to auto increment each time you produce a set of Test and Tag Reports for your client. The Cert Number if used, is designed so your client knows that a batch of reports all belong to the same job.

Your Electrical Licence Number I presume is a static number that never changes? if this is the case, we would need to look at a way of including this information into the software, possibly under Your Settings and carrying it over to the Reports. this would require adding an additional data field which is a reasonably big program change.

As a workaround i have an idea which may be ok given that it would allow you to add your Electrical Licence Number using a feature that already exists.

You could add your Electrical Licence Number using the Accreditation Logos for Reports (Settings > Your Settings > Logos Tab). There is no reason why you could not add an image just showing your Electrical Licence Number, if you let me know your number i can do this for you.

Ill include an example below... This image would need to be in Bitmap or JPG format.

Please let me know if this a workable solution for you?

Regards Carl

Attachment:
File comment: Test and Tag Report showing Electrical Licence Number.
Electrical_Licence_Number_E.png
Electrical_Licence_Number_E.png [ 104.87 KiB | Viewed 1551 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

Further to my post above with regards to displaying the Electrical Licence Number on the Report.

If you are not already using the "Report Header Text" Option, this could be used to include your Electrical Licence Number on the Reports if the above solution is not viable.

if used, this text will appear just below the main header (just above where the test results start).

To try this, go to Settings and choose Print Settings.

On the General Tab enter your text into the "Report Header Text" field and preview the Report.

Regards Carl