SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 pm 

Hi
I Hope Someone can help.
I am trying to install Megger Powersuite Professional on 2 laptops that are running Windows 7. 64bit operating system.
After initial installing things seem to be ok until a couple of days later. When trying to run the programme a box popped up Saying PSSHELL data is read only.
click on that & the normal start up box for Megger appears put in supervisor click ok & a box saying Runtime3704 operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
Megger say it is because I do not have full Administrator rights on the accounts. BUT I have FULL administrator rights & have been trying for several hrs to get it running.
Microsoft trouble shooting programme says that Megger Powersuite professional is an INCOMPATIBLE programme.
Has anyone else had similar problems with this or any ideas on how to solve it.
Many thanks
Shaun

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:28 am 

Hi Shaun

Just come across your issue with Megger's Powersuite Professional. I have it installed on my windows 7 64bit OS and all seem to work fine. It sometimes has a hick-up and fails to respond occasionally but i think that is another issue with my back-up software. I use this software all the time for my Domestic Installation Certificates, clients data only and not for PAT as I prefer and would only use Simply PATs. I believe it delivers a far superior user package and is a breeze to use along with many other custom / user features dedicated to PAT.

So in answer to your question my version of MPP runs fine (Ver2.1.198) and it runs okay with MS without and changes to user settings. Does this same issue occur on both laptops as you say you have 2?

Just thought i think i might have had this issue or simular on another XP machine where the data file became corrupt. i think from memory it is located C:\Users\Public\Documents\Megger Limited\PowerSuite Professional and then all your user info is in the Data file. Might be a good idea to back this file up and it will hold all your settings data etc.

Cheers

Steve

All in accordance with The IEE CofP
www.handselectrical.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm 

Hi Steve
Thanks for your reply. I have managed to sort things out with both laptops, in the end I had to do a full factory restore to ensure all traces of Powersuite was removed before reinstalling. Thankfully as both laptops were only a week old there wasn't too many other applications to reinstall.
The only thing I find strange is that the Megger customer support person I was in contact with states that "there is NOT a problem with Windows 7 64bit & powersuite".
But if I still could not sort it I was to contact his supervisor who had "experienced this problem many times"
I'm still struggling to figure that one out!! (lol)
regards Shaun